Total Rewires provides electrical inspection and testing services for landlords and letting agencies across Hull and East Yorkshire. From carrying out landlord electrical safety checks to installing new fuse boxes or consumer units, Total Rewires is Hull & East Yorkshire’s premier landlord electrical company.
If you are a landlord or letting agency it is vitally important to ensure that all electrical appliances and fittings within the property are safe and in good working order. Unlike gas regulations, there is no law that says you must have a landlord electrical safety certificate. But importantly should any electrical fittings or appliances within your rental property cause harm to a tenant you could be held liable.
Landlords and letting agents are advised to make visual inspections of residential properties (record on a safety checklist) and have periodic checks carried out by a qualified electrician.
Below is a useful list that our highly qualified electricians follow for all rented properties:
- Ideally, ensure that the electrical system complies with the latest wiring regulations.
- Ensure that a circuit breaker (RCD) is fitted to power circuits.
- Keep supplied appliances to a minimum.
- Ensure that appliances supplied are complete and in working order – keep purchase receipts.
- Pay particular attention to second hand equipment – always have these items checked.
- Ensure that operating instructions and safety warning notices are supplied with the appliances.
- Ensure that flexes are in good order and properly attached to appliances and plugs.
- Ensure that earth tags are in place.
- Ensure that plugs are of an approved type with sleeved live and neutral pins.
- Ensure that plugs and sockets conform to BS1363 or BS1363/A for heavy duty uses.
- Ensure that all fuses are of the correct type and rating.
- Make sure that tenants know the location of and have access to the main consumer unit, fuses and isolator switch.
- Make a note of all fuse ratings on the inventory.
If you are in any doubt about the wiring or the safety of any appliances consult our qualified electrical testing company.
If you would like a free, honest quote or would like to know more about our services please fill in the contact form on this page. Alternatively, you can call or text us today on 07770 601114.